Wednesday, January 8, 2014

New Year, New Goals


And one of those goals is to blog on a more regular basis.   Mostly it will be reviews of books I read, but I want to throw some of my personal thoughts in there.  It’s been one heck of a year for me, and I’m excited so for 2014.

I’m going to start this year’s blog by saying that I didn’t met my 100 book goal.  I read 46 books.  I’m going to list them here and then move forward.  I’m listening to Life after Life by Kate Atkinson, so that will probably be my first review of 2014.

The Little Prince
The Stranger
Train Dreams
Bridge to Terabithia
33 Snowfish
Shopgirl
The Giver
The Great Gatsby
Down and Out in Paris and London
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
As I Lay Dying
Perfume: The story of Murder
The Middlesteins
Playing the Enemy
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Day of the Dreadfuls
The Handmaid's Tale - Atwood
The Book of Madness and Cures
Anansi Boys
Code Name Verity
Gun FIght
The Night Circus
Columbine
The Lost Hero
The Shipping News
Loving Frank
N0S4A2
Dearie
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
Dreadfully Ever After
New York: The Novel
The Orphan Master's Son
The Underbelly of Europe
The Atomic Girls
My Notorious Life
Escape From Prison 44
Ninja
Salt Sugar Fat
This is How you Lose Her
The Yellow Birds
Going Clear
Where'd Ya Go Bernadette
Doctor Sleep
The Chaperone
Devil in the White City
The Ghost Map
Bossypants

Some of these books were nothing short of AMAZING.  Some were interesting; others a little boring.  But, I read more books in one year than I ever have before.  PROGRESS!

Here’s to 2014 being a great year, professionally and personally!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment