Monday, December 10, 2012

Looking towards 2013

Wow, well, it's...um... been awhile.  I last posted in July and a lot has happened since that time.  I graduated in August with my MLS.  I left my insurance job.  I now work part time in two different libraries (one is rural; one is suburban).  I also volunteer at the city library.  A full-time position has opened up at one of these libraries, and I put my name in the hat.  I'm waiting to hear about an interview.  Anyway, so that's an abbreviate update.

This blog was meant to get me back on the horse.  I know I've slacked big time on updating my blog. A current and consistent blog is something I should have, especially as an aspiring librarian.  And now, I'm setting my sights on 2013.  For the remainder of 2012, I'm going to blog once a week.   This is just to get me into the habit.  In 2013, I'm not going to do anything crazy like blog everyday.  No.  That would be boring.  I have given myself a goal to read 100 books in 2013.

WHAT?
I KNOW!
HOW?
IMPOSSIBLE!

Well, I'm going to try.  The goal is 100 books, but it doesn't specify what kind.  Children's, YA, Adult, mystery, comedy, bio....everything and anything.  And I'm going to blog my progress, my reviews, and my thoughts.  Hopefully I'll say something profound in one of these blogs.  I need followers...

So, there you have it.  My personal goal, out on the interwebs, for the whole world to see.  I will try not to let anyone down.  Including myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment